According to Natural News, spinal meningitis is caused either by a viral or bacterial infection that leads to severe swelling in the spinal cord and, ultimately, the brain. Once in the brain, bleeding can occur, making early diagnosis vital. According to the World Health Organization, 5-10% of patients die within 48 hours, despite early diagnosis and proper therapy. It is an infection often caused in close-proximity situations where saliva is present ranging from intimate behaviors such as kissing to crowded living/social conditions like college dormitories or even day care centers.
John Kohler, who is a survivor of spinal meningitis, lives to tell the amazing journey of overcoming the condition with a raw food lifestyle. He's been so successful that he's a sought-after raw food expert, coaching thousands on sites like living-foods.com and growingyourgreens.com.
Kohler remembers thinking that "health is the most important thing and without it, we don't have anything." Driven by this new mindset, he found comfort when he discovered Jay "The Juiceman" Kordich on television. Kordich, known as the "father of vegetable juicing," says raw foods are responsible for overcoming his own bladder cancer. Kohler has been on a raw food diet since 1995, primarily enjoying juices. Not only did he survive his spinal meningitis, but he also lost weight and is living life more healthfully than ever.
For more information, log onto:
Bernando LaPallo, who is of 112 years of age, has no problem walking at least a mile daily. His food habits comprise of eating fresh vegetables, olive oil, honey, cinnamon, garlic and chocolate. According to him, the following are great natural treatments that one should use to promote good health:
· High quality, organic, cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil: use on the skin as lotion; use as salad dressing; known to lessen risks of colon cancer and heart disease.
· Dark, organic chocolate: reduces stress; helps with depression; lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
· Organic garlic: helps fight coughs and colds; considered nature's antibiotic; helps with digestion and intestinal problems.
· Organic cinnamon: antibacterial and antifungal; reduces proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
· Organic honey: helps you lose weight; nature's energy booster; has antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
· Juice organic raw vegetables: A decent juicer costs less than $100.
To see some fascinating and interesting clips regarding the truth about raw foods, their benefits and more, one can easily log onto: